View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 08:55 AM   #68
KevinW

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28 View Post
https://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/d/196...554365014.html

Waiting on confirmation from the broker, but planning on going to see this one on Wednesday. Not sure if it's the right car for me, but I'll only know if I go see it.
Oops, missed this post

Nice looking paint, but that is hard to really see in pictures. Has deluxe houndstooth seat covers but standard door panels, a bit of a mismatch here. drivers remote mirror was added (they cut door panel hole in wrong place ), exterior mirrors look like 2nd gen. You could not order a Z/28 with AC in 69, this car has factory AC, so it is not a real Z/28. So don't worry about checking for numbers, but DON't pay Z/28 prices, this is a clone.

Tilt column (nice!), factory gauges, but various fit and finish issues when looking closely.

Looking more, the title say California car. If this is an LA build (same as mine), the trim tag will not tell you if Z/28 or not. The only way to prove it is with the original engine.

No VIN listed, but this car has the short spoiler and if original to the car, build date will be July 1968 to Dec 1968, which is considered an "early" car. This also means the cowl hood was added. The headrests are also missing! that will be a little bit of trouble to fix.

Door panels look like originals, so this should be a "standard interior" car.

Last edited by KevinW; 04-11-2018 at 09:06 AM.
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote