View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 05:16 PM   #6
Fasterthanyou

Saturday or Sunday depending on the time I can come over and check the plugs with you. Let's hope it's just a bad PCV. Intake leaks mean that cylinder is getting more air than the others. It's more likely to be on the passengers side since the o2 sensor is on the drivers and the engine was running pretty strong in part throttle. I'm leaning towards the valve seals if you said they're positive teflon. Those seals are RACE ONLY seals. My friend Ethan had some Dart Iron Eagle heads with those seals and he was replacing them every 1000 miles no joke. He hated them for that reason and vowes to never use teflon seals and I agree. If it were the rings it'll show up in a compression test. It's unlikely but if there is an intake manifold leak on the passenger side then it would have gone unbeknown to the o2 sensor and run some (or just 1) cylinder lean enough to do piston damage. Again, highly unlikely seeing as how well the car idles now and part throttle the engine is smooth.
\"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......Then, you have enough horsepower\" - Mark Donohue
Fasterthanyou is offline   Reply With Quote