View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 05:43 PM   #6
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

The Orange line on the V8 starts at 5K and on the V6 it starts at 5500, they both have designations to 8k, it's not a big difference but there's no point in changing it.

The problem existed between the keyboard and chair. When I did my spreadsheet there were two places I with the tach info, on different pages. When I made the tach wire originally I made it a little too short and it was in R10, then when I finished the harness I remade the tach wire I must have looked on the other page where I had put the wrong pin. The book says engine speed instead of tach, so I must have read the "speed" in vehicle speed and put that pin down instead. I moved the wire and fixed my spreadsheet now. I tried without the pull up resistor and it still didn't work, but once I added that it worked right away. I also changed the output resolution to a 4 in both fields and the tach is really close, enough so that I don't care about the difference, it's like within 50 Rpm.

Still wondering if a logic probe will detect output on the wire, I'll have to try it before I button the dash up.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote