View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 10:01 PM   #13
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

I sanded almost the whole side of my Underbody down to bare metal with wire wheels,scrapers, sandpaper, etc back in 2010. It took me a few dozen hours but I did it

I drove to a POR-15 headquarters which was in Whippany NJ and spent a while talking to them and seeing products. While their product is primarily made to be painted over rust, if you use their marine clean and then the special metal ready spray and procedures and apply the por15 to a bare surface.... IT WILL WORK . the guy at their sho was showing me tons of samples. he showed me POR painted directly onto bare clean metal. even painted onto pieces of round pipe. then he banged those pipes together and the paint didn't chip or marr or break off at all.
My underside is in pristine condition anywhere I put the POr15. I have not have had one since scratch, flake, peeling, or anything like it. It is still black but has a slight brownish hue to it Very slight.

Go on my website and I have photos and description
https://iroczman15.m.webs.com/site/m...etwork=fw#3030

Also some recent photos of my underside as of March 2018 are on one of my threads on here where I had the while trans, driveshaft, exhaust, rear axle, fuel tank, exhaust out of the car.

I can’t explain why the other people had issues with their POR15 application but I can assure you that I did not. My car gets used and often it gets used hard. But I take time to get under there often and give things a wipe down pretty often. If it had flaked or peeled or acted weird anywhere I would notice it and admit it on here. It’s 100% intact and awesome after 8 years

Last edited by IROCZman15; 11-17-2018 at 05:51 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote