View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
V
Stalker

1997 Firebird project/roller for sale

1997 V6 Firebird **Former nitrous race car**
Sometimes, projects never get off the ground, and sadly this is one of mine that needs to go...

Car is loaded on my trailer and ready to be delivered to a new owner!

It was in a flood several years ago, and was completely under water.
After it sat some time, I ended up buying it in the summer of 2009 while I was in Afghanistan. I had plans to bring it back to life and get it back on the track still as a v6. With as busy as my life has been and new priorities, I no longer have the time to devote to this car.

The car is a 1997 Pontiac Firebird Silver in color
3.8 v6 motor, auto trans, i dont know mileage off hand.
TTop car
Clean title
No body damage

TOP END OF THE MOTOR HAS BEEN REMOVED AND SOLD(intake/heads/TB)
But the 3.8l Shortblock, Transmission, rear end, exhaust all still in car.

These are some of the parts that are still on the car...(as far as i know/remember)
PA Racing mild steel tubular k member(v6 mounts)
PA Racing mild steel tubular lower a arms
RK Sport tubular sub frame connectors
aftermarket adjustable Torque arm
Steel braided brake lines
QA1 front coil overs
RK Sport headers
Walbro 255 LPH in tank fuel pump
4:10 gears with a POWERTRAX locker diff
Built trans with 4200 stall nitrous converter
Manual steering rack

Like I said, car was under water, SO everything would need to be taken apart cleaned/rebuilt and put back together.

When I got the car, and finally got time to focus on it, I had to gut the complete interior. I have all of the interior plastics that will go with it, in addition to door panels and a decent condition dash shell. I have no carpeting or seats for it, just yet.

Car CURRENTLY has no rear shocks, no wiper setup, no HVAC setup, but I can include those items from a 2000 Formula. Additionally, it has no passenger side mirror, but I can give you a green, pewter, or red one. Also, it has NO bumper impact bars.

I spent 2 days worth of power-washing the car to clean it up. Inside, outside, engine compartment, interior crevices, everything!

Comes with stock silver Trans am hood.
The black fiberglass ram air hood in the pics is for sale, separate from the car for $300

Windshield is wet in pics(after cleaning process) hence the water drops all over it inside and out, but it is cracked in lower corner.
I DO have another windshield I will include

I'm asking $1500 (I will consider random trades)

(I will consider parting it out more if someone is seriously interested in parts)

PICTURES DURING CLEANING....

Last edited by V; 05-01-2012 at 12:17 PM.