View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 11:39 AM   #25
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
I was always taught to start at the furthest point and progress back to the master. That would be RR, LR, LF, RF, ABS block, and finish with the MC. Starting with a bench bled MC of course.

Some things to remember as you are bleeding, always pull the pedal all the way up and hold it there when adding fluid to the MC. Also go through all bleed points twice, then drive around enough to bed the pads, then go around again since regardless of how much time you spend bleeding without high pressure reverse fill equipment it is nearly impossible to get perfectly air bubble free so take a short drive with a few low speed hard stops to knock any air that may be in the system loose.

-Tim
I was under the impression that our ABS block doesn't have bleeder fittings. Only the 3rd gens. I don't think there is enough braking power in it to do any hard stops. It's pretty bad.

Do you know of any shops that can do the high pressure reverse fill stuff? Preferably a shop that knows how to deal with aftermarket big brake kits?
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote