View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 08:03 AM   #72
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZman15 View Post
Just the other day after coming home from a nice car show in Califon, I peeled the stickers off the car and washed it... only for it not to fire up!?!? Turns out the MSD Digital6 Plus ignition box decided to be a jerk. I did some minor troubleshooting of it, but ran out of time to look into it and test it more. I pulled the stock ignition control wires from it and bypassed it (essentially back to stock spark voltage etc now). Fires up. Problem is, without that box, I can't/won't use the nitrous since the box I have dialed in 4 deg of spark delay. Thank GOD this box didnt act up when i was on the track or driving to/from the event. VERY ODD that it started acting screwy after a car show and a good 2 hours of driving the car that day. I'll recheck all wiring, and do some of the tests MSD recommends to troubleshoot it. So, until I remedy this... I prob wont be on a track or autoX course.
I wonder if somehow this is also linked to your limp mode issue? Maybe you should push a little and see if it acts up again? Not like beat on it, but see if you can get it to replicate
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote