Thread: Not this again.
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 11:48 AM   #2185
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

some more work done in the past week. All fab is pretty much done. Just need to get everything fully welded in.

Some pencil rod to grab the top of the rad and hold it in place. Rad will be grabbed with some channel brackets, brackets will bolt to this piece.

Also made a catch for the hood latch. After seeing Fay's firebird hood rip up at the beams, i did not want to take any chances on not running a safety catch.

pencil rod is your friend. Made some brackets for the fuse box to sit on.

box will nut and bolt to tabs welded onto rod and sit like this. Fuse panels them self clip into the box as normal.

Also threw some tabs across the bottom to pick up the air dam... which i need. So if anyone has one sitting around let me know.

Tabs on top are for trans cooler mounting.

Then began to strip back harness to figure out wiring. Did not want to come across top of rad support, so plan on having harness head to back of car out of fuse box instead of front. Then run it in the wiper cowl to the passenger side. and connect the 3 connectors there. The ones that are normally in the passenger wheel well for wire tuck. I dont think any wires will need to be extended other than the wires for the lighting on the passenger. which is not a problem since its only about 10 wires.

LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote