View Single Post
Old 08-29-2021, 08:59 AM   #46
V
Stalker

As of now, car is done.
Rear window, trunk lid, trunk filler panel are all damaged beyond repair.
Rear bumper is gouged and scraped so would probably need a new one.

Passenger 1/4 got dented down enough to pinch trunk lid and driver c pillar has a dent and some waves.
Rear seats got messed up from the glass and water.
Package tray also got all wet and ruined. 3rd brake light piece shattered.

All in all, I figure parts/repairs could range from 3k-6k. A lot depending on what parts I could actually still find and their cost. Rear glass alone could be 500+. Half the car would then need to be painted, so thats the big cost.

I only have liability auto insurance and home owners doesn't cover anything so no help from insurance.

The current decision seems to be a full part out. All the Holden Monaro parts would be sold as a package. Australian VX series taillights survived so that was somewhat of a relief. Then I would keep the LS1/T56 for my white '88 GTA. With the value of GTO parts, I should be able to make close to what I could sell the car as a whole pre-damage. This damage along with other issues or possible issues they car may have had is why a full part out and not a repair is the most reasonable choice.

Oh, and in the last picture you can see the passenger front seat is out of the car...

So when the tree broke the rear glass, there was a squirrel nest that ended up landing on the rear speaker. When I was clearing it off, a little squirrel appeared and ran down into the car. It was hiding under the seats and I couldn't get it out so I had to unbolt the seat completely and pull it out to finally get the rodent out. The next day, when I pulled the tarp off the car to clean it more, the squirrel was back in the car but ran out right away. I taped off the back window to keep anything else out and now the car is at my father-in-laws in his garage. So yea, interior being wet and having a nest basically in it doesn't smell too fresh. The squirrel was the final straw.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210827_192012.jpg (95.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20210827_192021.jpg (78.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 20210827_190854.jpg (98.3 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by V; 08-29-2021 at 09:29 AM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote