View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #22
BonzoHansen
Admin.

saw this earlier, thought of you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Done Yet?
First off the repair pieces were purchased from NPD. Lay your repair pieces over top of existing hole and draw a line around the outer edge.

Next i will show you how to cut a round hole with a cut off wheel. This works better if your cut off wheel has a little wear on it and it is not full size. You need to make a bunch of cuts from the inside and stop right before the line that was transfered. See the pic below.

When your done slicing it will look like this.

Now use the cutoff wheel and cut out the rest stopping before the line. Once you have removed all of the slivers of metal turn the cutoff wheel upright and clean up the edge of the hole without grinding past your line.

Now switch out the cut off wheel for a deburring tip (shown in the next pick) And carefully trim the outer edge of your hole until your repair piece fits nice and snug like shown.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote