View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 07:37 PM   #107
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

thanks fellas.
yea, I have seen a bunch of guys on thirdgen.org take the engine/trans/cradle out from the bottom. It might be the way I do things in the future, but I wanted to try it the traditional way this time, which is my first time for an engine pull on a 3rd gen. I have fought with coil springs before, and it was a toss-up between the out the top method and fighting the bellhousing bolts VS. fighting the coil springs back into place if I took the whole front cradle out.

even though I have a 3 ton hoist, and took out the radiator etc, I listened to some wise advice from people here and TGO and decided to take the engine out and trans out seperately.. this time.

So, I removed the transmission today in a few short hours. driveshaft iout, trans lines are also out, converter, and the DynoDons y-pipe are also removed also. since it is my first engine pull on this type of vehicle, its probably much safer and less risky to simply just pull the engine out on it own.. right out of the top.

I plan to do this Saturday, unless the rain seems to be a problem. Joey D said he might come help, as well as a few neighbors. I am hoping it is pretty simple and things go well.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote