View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 09:55 PM   #116
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

thanks Joe

I got the K-member and some other chassis/suspension components cleaned up and then coated with black POR-15 turned out nice.

Also mocked-up and bent all new NiCopp brake lines too. I will finish those and post photos tomorrow once everything has been adjusted and the system is tested. will need to bench bleed the master and also bleed the systemwhile checking for leaks.
-was considering going to a DOT5.1 fluid (not DOT 5), but I am unsure. I wont be doing any road course racing this year, possibly just autoX, drag racing, and street duty. thoughts on brake fluids?

also, I am beginning my research for an aluminum radiator. direct fit if possible. it wont be blocked by any A/C condenser, so it will get a straight blast of moving air from the camaro's open grill. I plan to use the two factory puller fans, which will be controlled by the Holley Sniper. thoughts and opinions on radiators. Trying to stay around the $400 range.. not the $900 range of the high end radiator companies. 2 or 3 core, but as Direct fit as possible. full aluminum with automatic transmission cooler fluid ports too.

I was also thinking about the evans waterless coolant since everything in the cooling system will be new and I won't need to cleanse the system out of old coolant. Does evans coolant allow me to NOT need a coolant overflow tank then? I read that somewhere... and that could save me some money if I didnt need an overflow/reserve tank?

Last edited by IROCZman15; 01-22-2020 at 10:06 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote