View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 10:48 AM   #6
89 Trans Am WS6

Ted is the diagram posted above what your working with? You mention a white wire but I dont see one in the diagram.. perhaps something got messed up when you repinned/stripped the harness?

it seems that your saying that you got power on the ign feed wire..but do you have power on the red fuse link wire? Thats the one that is actually powering the fans.

I really dont think CTS is your problem..since grounding that wire should really turn on the fans...

If your powering the dk blu and dk green wires and getting the fans to come on..something is not right. To me it seems like a ground is missing or a wire is crossed..looking at the diagram powering those wires should not turn on your fans..its not the right side of the relay to do that...unless your shooting power up say the blue wire..its going through the relays on the coil side and then grounding through the green wire..those activating the relays..again still not right..

Are you running AC still?

I would first check to make sure your setup matches the diagram. Double check that the nessecary pins are still in place.

Verify the ign on feed to the coil side of the relay gets power when you turn the key on. That would be D5 F5 & J5.

Also verify that you have constant power to the red wire.. D1 and F4. That should be from a fuse link under the hood and always hot.

Verify the cooling fan ground is good, and the ground J1 on relay 3.

Heres another diagram thats basically the same, but redrawn by mitchell. May be a bit easier to follow as its spaced out a bit more then the gm style ones.

Let me know how ya make out buddy.

Joe

EDIT: Are all 3 relays good? lol
Attached Files
File Type: pdf tacooling.pdf (46.0 KB, 3 views)
'14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude (Wifey's Ride)
'89 Trans Am WS6 (Gone but not forgotten-SOLD)
'85 Camaro 6 Banger base model, never left the driveway, 1st car (SOLD)
Http://www.cardomain.com/id/red93ta
http://www.fquick.com/freebird

Last edited by 89 Trans Am WS6; 08-17-2014 at 10:55 AM.
89 Trans Am WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote