View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 09:21 AM   #2
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

First off hats to you for a well detailed first post of this thread. Without a specific budget, it's tough to tell you exactly what to do but here would be my recommendations.

- Check over your motor and trans mounts while everything is going to be out. It is the best time to replace them of course.

- Upgrade the trans to the 750HP level now. No sense going with a 500HP engine and hitting it with a 200 shot when the trans won't be able to handle it. That would be spending money twice.

- Spend the money on a rear and driveshaft so you can feel confident that if you have the bite, it shouldn't break.

- Skip the roll bar for now unless you think there is a chance it will roll over lol. Let them kick you out at the track first.

- If the 3rd gen fuel lines are basically the same size as the 4th gens, I don't see you needing to upgrade them. I'm still on stock lines from the tank but admittedly at the limit of my fuel system. I would go with the bigger pump though just to plan ahead a touch.

- Leave the wheels alone for now. Get the car running and driving the way you want, then worry about the jewelry.

Your cars looks phenomenal so if you give it a nice drivetrain refresh for next season, that will keep it fresh to you for the coming year. Then you can decide how much further down the rabbit hole you wish to go.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote