View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 05:43 PM   #13
GhostDakota

Yep, I'm a huge Jeep and lighting whore. I've had 6 Jeeps (YJ, XJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, ZJ in that order) and have worked for a Jeep aftermarket parts company out here in PA for the past 7 years. I love my job!

This is my Jeep retro - step by step:
http://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedia...t-ta-next.html

You can basically retro those projectors into any non-sealed beam housing that is large enough to fit them (they're pretty small). This can and has been done on CJ, YJ, TJ, XJ, JK, ZJ, WJ, WK, etc. Amazing cutoff, perfect uptick on the cutoff as well. Lots of light.

V, I'm aware Been doing retro's and tinkering with lights for 13 years Look at the end of my first post with the Jeep cutoff versus the the Trans Am. For my Jeep I have HID projectors. The 60mm Hella's are halogen projectors, hence the really steep uptick. To resolve this I am going to dremel the cutoff shield so it's closer to what the Jeep looks like. Will turn out very well I hope. I've done it in the past.
-2003 VW Golf TDI - Turbo diesel @ 50 MPG highway
-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L(ZJ) - 4.75" lift, 32" MTZ's, armor, etc.

Last edited by GhostDakota; 12-13-2011 at 05:45 PM.
GhostDakota is offline   Reply With Quote