View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #7
edpontiac91

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreZ28 View Post
Looks great Ed. I think it's safe to say your car may be nicer than mine at this point. Mine hasn't gotten any love in at least 2 years now....including any type of good cleaning. Thinking I'm going to drive the wheels off it for a few years and put it back under the resto knife again since I have several more years of knowledge now than I did when I first built the car.
Thanks for the compliment. I got restarted to redo the finish after my last show at ATCO where in the sunlight, it showed a ton of fine swirls. I had been using Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish at the detailing area where I work where I handle Bentley's-MB SLS-Audi and more, and was amazed at the swirl free finish I could get using those products. I actually stated using them on the Bird by hand and went over the area with a high powered LED flashlight to pick up any swirl marks. It made a HUGE difference in the amount of DEPTH and GLOSS that only an anal car owner could appreciate.
The embroidered Bird and Formula hood blanket was something I was wanting since 2004 and finally paid the $360 to have it made.

1994 25th ANNIVERSARY TRANS AM GT -1
of ONLY 2,000 made/ Only 128 made with a HURST 6-Speed Manual and 91 with T-Tops and Compact Disc/ K & N Filtercharger/Magnaflow Performance Muffler/Air Foil- ORIGINAL MINT Arctic White Ultra Rare SURVIVOR. DAYTONA 500 PACE CAR Decal Kit!

SOLD: 1989 Turbo T/A in 1991 it ran 12:18@115 mph
edpontiac91 is offline   Reply With Quote