View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #28
1QWIKBIRD
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
explained like that, i feel like an ass for not going with chromoly

man i have some reconsidering to do. its all for the better though
Maybe you could compromise on the situation. Sell the wolf bar you have now and just a have a mild steel cage built. At least that way it could all be 1-5/8ths?

I'm not busting nuts either. I have a 70 Nova that I put an S&W 8pt bar into. Its not a work of art, its functional. But after seeing my buddies 3rd gen camaro with a cage done with 1-5/8th chromoly, its no comparison. Jealous doesn't begin to describe it and for me to do it now, I'd have to start completely over, which is just as troubling. That's my experience.

Do your homework, figure out where it is your headed, get a plan, then move forward. Look at some cars, talk to people and you'll quickly see the difference in a well executed deal versus and not so well executed deal. The money is gonna be spent one way or the other, might as well spend it once, get it right and end up with something that can grow with the car versus building a bastardized cage that if it had to be upgraded would probably have to ripped out and rebuilt from scratch.

Chris

1999 Formula 6spd (The driver)
1997 2500 Ext. Cab Dodge 4x4 CTD 5spd (The Earth Mover)
1970 Nova 5spd (The toy)
1QWIKBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote