View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 01:04 PM   #98
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

Trying to argue with a teenager and tell him that he doesnt know everything is like trying to nail jelly to the wall. They're just going to turn around and say "yes we do" or as in the case of some of the arguments here "other teenagers don't know everything, but I know I do"

We've all been there, and it happens no matter how old everyone else gets, there's always teenagers who know everything. I can't tell you how much I've learned since I knew everything there was to know. Nobody's innocent of it, its just a maturing thing that happens well beyond your 17th birthday.

The kids who THINK they're fantastic drivers are the ones who are the worst. You're not. You will not be, until you realize that you have a lot to learn about driving. A perfect example happened to me last week on 287. I was driving along, about to pass a tractor trailer and I was maybe 30+ feet behind him in the lane to the left, when I got a chunk of rubber thrown at my car.. I slowed down and let what I knew was going to happen happen. MASSIVE tire blow out, followed by a nearly jack knifed trailer. How many kids would have been so P.O'ed that a piece of rubber hit their car that they would have gone up and FLOWN by the truck? probably most of them. If I did that, I would have been hit, first with the full tread off the tire, then by the trailer itself.

There's a lot to learn, a year or two or 3 of driving isn't going to give you all of your lifes experiences, sorry.

I still don't know everything. But when you finally admit that to yourself and get off your own high horse, then you stop being a danger to the people in the other lanes.