View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 06:35 PM   #16
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

so to give an update..

grandpa went out and bought another engine that was supposed to be rebuilt (not the most economical thing or the way I would have done it). we rolled the dice and took the guys word and installed it last weekend. holy smokes was that other engine hurting, this thing sounds a whole lot better and runs better than the other one ever did. so looks like the car is ready to go, gonna put the old one on the stand and figure out what the damage is inside.

it was interesting working on something that old. it took about 8hrs the first go around, swapping clutches timing distributor and other nick nacks, since we know how it comes apart now I would say it would take half that time now start to finish. but it was fun working with my dad and grandpa at the same time on a car.
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge

Last edited by redsoxsstink; 03-09-2017 at 06:41 PM.
redsoxsstink is offline   Reply With Quote