View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 07:59 PM   #45
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZman15 View Post
man, i've always wanted a chevy truck in that era body style. hopefully one day i will have funding for more than one project. till then i will have to enjoy following this build. nice work so far bud. gotta do it up with black paint when all the metal work is done.
Fortunately most of the stuff for the truck has been pretty inexpensive. I got a full cab floor and with the shipping it was only in the $400 range. Buying the full floor was cheaper than buying all the patch panels I need.

I am not entirely sure what color I want yet. I am thinking Citrus green or the Corvette grey, both would have the white stripe down the side with the lower trim panels and the white cab top. Not sure what to do for the interior color though, whether I do it body color with black dash pad or completely black or grey inside.

One of the first things I want to do is get the fuel tank out of the cab. I am reading about side hung tanks, but I am not sure whether it will be possible. I will also make the stock filler location work with any tank I decide to go with. I don't want the door in the side of the bed or in the rear stake pocket or behind the rear tail light like I have seen a lot.

Last edited by PolarBear; 01-14-2014 at 08:01 PM.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote