Thread: Camaro Plans
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 11:45 AM   #7
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Actually kinda surprised that everyone agreed T56 first. That was my thinking - or suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoR294 View Post
ls1 swap isn't worth it. if you're gonna do a full engine swap, do an LQ engine or something better

t56 makes the car 100x more enjoyable when its in stockish power. Also, 17" chrome WS6 wheels are way better than 16s. I do like the C5Z wheels on camaros too.

First though I'd ditch those silly headlight covers and do BLS lights.
Engine swap is not in the cards, sir. Headlights are already on BLS's to do list - done deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
+1 on trans swap for the biggest "attitude" change.

During that time, likely best to do headers since you will have a number of parts out of the way.

As for wheels, getting a good set of 17" wheels these days is not hard if you wait for the right set. 18" wheels are nice but the tires are significantly more expensive. ZR1s stripped and powdercoated a nice color would be a good upgrade. Best to consider grouping wheels/tires with suspension upgrades to see the biggest impact.

I didn't see subframe connectors on the list. They are a must for a vert IMO so I'd do that sooner than later unless you already have them.

I also didn't see audio upgrades on the list. I don't know how much you enjoy listening to music but there are many nice options that are easy to install.
I obviously have the time to wait for the right set . I really like chrome on the car, and wouldn't be sure which color to powdercoat.

I already have UMI 3 pt weld in SFCs so I'm covered. Did that a few years back. I agree should be the first thing done to any of these cars, now that it's done.

It has an older, but upgraded headunit, speakers, and 10"x15" amp in the trunk. To be honest, outside of highway drives I don't really have the radio on. Benefits of living in no man's land
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote