Thread: Teach me about
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 07:53 PM   #5
V
Stalker

explaining stereo setups and subwoofers etc is very difficult, mainly because theres so much out there and certain people have their preferences to certain products. ive done many car stereos, my own and for friends, and all have been great. from simple head unit installs to full rewiring. From my experiences, i know what works for me and what doesnt, and what brands i like to use. Variable such as how you run speaker and power wires, sizing and length are all things that along with power ratings will always be a slight bit argued upon from installer to installer. For that reason, i wont ever get into a "debate" over a setup or method that i personally knows works for me, nor will i tell someone their preferred "style" is wrong. What i will say about stereo systems in general is the following.. dont "underpower" subs, run power/remote wires on opposite side of car than speaker/rca cables, thicker is always better, but there does come a point when its overkill ie. 1-0 gauge for a 300watt amp. And my personal brands i use are Pioneer headunits(no others) JL subs(Orion kicker and sounstream(older at least) are also good), alpine soundstream orion JL or kenwood(cheaper but ok for average) amps. 12Ga speaker wiring for subs at a min, and 4Ga for amp power..

those are all my Personal beliefs so i will not debate them, lol.
V is offline   Reply With Quote