View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 07:19 AM   #70
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Huryk View Post
Power steering overheating/cavitation has always been a problem for 3rd gens on the road course - our CMC guys all run big PS coolers to keep their steering units happy.

If you get the right tires on those wheels - there are some good options to make the class rules happy - you could pick up some good time and not have them get slippery in the heat. I can hep you with those choices.

The 3rd gen high g fueling problem is a tough one - you worked around it with the 4th gen system, but the other options are the 1LE baffled tank or keeping the tank 3/8 full or better. Some choose to put in their own tank baffles.

What are the suspension rules for the class? There are some easy parts that will make a huge impact on your lap times - assuming the rules allow them.
Of all the things to fail, I didn't expect the PS to go, I expected to blow up the engine with the "low" capacity of the conversion oil pan I have before anything.
As far as rules, there aren't any for the vehicle SPECIFICALLY, just the 200 treadwear on the tires. I wasn't really "ready" for the race since I was also preparing for my trip the following weekend. If I go again, I will likely have some aftermarket suspension pieces, and at the very least, some strut mounts and a track alignment for the front end. I actually had planned to swap the lower control arms and PHB for the race, but I ran out of time.
I will have some better tires for next time too, I was also running out of money working on two projects concurrently.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote