View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 07:59 AM   #71
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

yea, I was suprised about your power steering issue too

as for my fueling issue, it was definitiely due to the stock tank and low amount of fuel I had in it while doing "high" G driving. It remedied itself after I added about a half tank of 93. I will certainly need better 200 treadwear tires. Falkens, BFG rivals, or the Nitto NT05, sometime over the winter. Probably going to upgrade to Koni Yellows and bump the camber a bit. That said, it is a long way away till this event next year..and i would like to get some autoX sessions in either this fall or the spring, to just improve my driving, and test a few things.

Just the other day after coming home from a nice car show in Califon, I peeled the stickers off the car and washed it... only for it not to fire up!?!? Turns out the MSD Digital6 Plus ignition box decided to be a jerk. I did some minor troubleshooting of it, but ran out of time to look into it and test it more. I pulled the stock ignition control wires from it and bypassed it (essentially back to stock spark voltage etc now). Fires up. Problem is, without that box, I can't/won't use the nitrous since the box I have dialed in 4 deg of spark delay. Thank GOD this box didnt act up when i was on the track or driving to/from the event. VERY ODD that it started acting screwy after a car show and a good 2 hours of driving the car that day. I'll recheck all wiring, and do some of the tests MSD recommends to troubleshoot it. So, until I remedy this... I prob wont be on a track or autoX course.

I have most of the videos from USCA uploaded to my youtube account, the only ones I am missing are the actual go-pro ones from the road course sessions. they are huge in size, so I just did all of the smaller/shorter ones first.

I need to find a good video editing program that is easy for a non-computer guru like me to use. I want to edit out some of the down time moments (under black flag, pre race gridding, etc) but the program that comes free with GoPro camera won't do it.. it can only chop the video into smaller individual videos. also to add text, and possibly a side-by-side or picture-in-picture feature

I am brand new to GoPro, but even though I have the hard plastic case on with hard plastic rear cover, there is a LOT of wind noise. did not expect this. am i doing something wrong?

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote