View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 03:12 PM   #73
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPI Monte SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
i know that bridgewater is not really much north.we needed to work on getting somethign together so taht everyoen could plan asap.
next time we go north i woudl liek to go way north, like ny/pa corner north. but for now we can get started at a location that is easy to get to and is happy to have us there.
I understand Tim. You could have posted in the North Jersey Forum if you wanted some other suggestions of places to go since Chuck's idea didn't pan out as planned. Next time, I guess.
im sure there were suggestions all over but thats not all they need at this point im sure. They need people that can plan a get together...njspeeder & tru2chevy are dead nuts in the middle of jersey and would surely travel but im sure they'd rather not travel 70+ miles each way several times to a north jersey spot just to look over the place and or set up a deal that may or may not go through...central is lucky with firkin they didnt charge anything up front for anything, just seated us, took our orders and let us do whatever pretty much. If someone from north jersey can find a spot like that that isnt horribly busy on a given day im sure they'd try to work something out but its better that a north person or central person or south person respectivly helps organize and talk with the owners of said establishment to get the details finalized then report the details on here or with tim or justin it would just work better that way. Personally i dont think i would ever try to set up another meet in deptford again because its just to busy there and too confusing to find what your looking for if your not from the area. Personally I'd say stay away from these "chain" restaurants like applebees for larger future meets since they dont seem to be very accomidating for the most part but thats me...anywayz enough ranting, bottom line is I think they need someone from each region to really step up into their own to set up something when its their turn.

lata
Bill