Thread: Not this again.
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 11:58 AM   #1826
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

Alright so, those of you with Instagram already know we’re this is going....

On my lunch break yesterday I swung home and tested all 8 injectors with the noid light, and they all lit.

So I quickly pulled off the coils and bought them back to work with me. When I got a second I went over the coil harness, and turns out the driver side coils were wired wrong. I realized when I was tucking the wires under the coil brackets I messed up. Since I wired them up upsides down to hide the wires, on the bench cyl 7 was to the left and cyl 1 to the right. So when flipped back over to go install, it was backwards. How did I not do this on the pass side? I’m not sure lmao

But anyway, threw coils back on and fired up. Sounded much better and I actually got a reading from the wideband !

Backed the car out and let it idle for a bit and let it get to temp. Pulled a injector plug just to verify it was firing and indeed it was. The car idles much nicer, but it still isn’t perfect. There are a few small pops and hiccups at idle.

Ended up taking it around the block. It needs an alignment in the worst way. I eased into it a tiny bit for a second, maybe got to 20% throttle and it broke up. I do feel like it would have cleared itself up if I stayed in it but I didn’t want to chance anything without tuner there.

Part out thread should be up by end of day
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote