View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 09:39 AM   #17
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

yea, Thor, this isn't complicated at all. I have built and often use my own wood ramps similar to what was mentioned above, a stack of 2"x8" treated lumber that is beveled on the edges that you will be rolling up. I also cut up one of my rubber shop mats and stapled it underneath because the wood tended to slide on my vinyl garage floor. I also use low profile plastic race ramps from quartermax, but they only go up to about 2.5"

I currently have had the camaro in the air since December on cribbed 8"x8" wood blocks since I had the rear, transmission, exhaust, fuel tank off.
also if you use them the right way, concrete/cement blocks will work, (NOT cinder blocks, those can crumble) .

if using jack stands on all 4 corners and attempting to keep the suspension loaded, all you have to do is prior to raising the car off the ground. measure the height from floor to the top of the wheel well arch at each corner. then if you need to go up 10" (or however much in height). put jack stands under the a-arms and rear axle and measure everything to be plus 10" in fender height. or 12" or 20" you decide, just set it all so the heights are ALL the same "X" amount of inches above the measurements you started with the car on the ground

Last edited by IROCZman15; 04-12-2018 at 09:41 AM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote