View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 05:26 PM   #28
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28 View Post
I finally got my car buttoned up (mostly on account of Midwest Chassis dragging their feet). I replaced the master cylinder (bench bled), added the wilwood prop valve, replaced the rear calipers with reman units and then bled the system. The brake pedal feels worse. It sinks a bit after you build up pressure when the car is off, and feels like you're steppin in thick mud while the car is on. I didn't bother trying to drive it. The pedal doesn't go all the way to the floor, but there is a good amount of sinking after it builds pressure.

Strangely, the pressure issue I was having before is fixed. When I'm bleeding, the pressure is strong. I checked thoroughly and there are no leaks to be found. Everything looks good.

I'll pay someone to fix it. I'm serious, PM me if you are willing.
If you have the wheels in the air and are holding the brakes, can you turn the tires by hand? If you have good pressure, I would imagine you just have to do a few low speed stops gradually increasing pressure to get the pedal to firm up. Its a normal master on the car? Where did you install the prop valve and why? Just for basics, you have the calipers mounted correctly with the bleeders up and your hoses aren't flipped around or otherwise improperly mounted/run?