View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 10:47 AM   #11
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Ya t tops will make it easier to run a bead all the way around the rear bar to main hoop. You should sleeve over the bolted joint, but thats your call.

Are the rear legs straight back, or over the wheel wells?

i planned on leaving the bolts in along with the weld, sleeving wouldnt be a bad idea thou. Not sure how i would go about that however, i think the bend for the rear bar starts right off were it welds. not sure id be able to get another piece of pipe on there with enough play to slide down, weld up bar to hoop, and then slide up sleeve and weld. You'll see in the pic below, they start the down bend right off the hoop and then run straight before bending down.

and they are straight back over the seat style, these.

i reached out to wolfe to try to buy the normal to the wheel well bars, but they said the angle on main hoop differs from over the seat vs standard, and they are not interchangeable. I told them i assume they have a jig for the bars, and asked them to jig it with the over the seat main hoop, but wheel well rear bar jig, and they said it is not possible, and the bars would hit the glass on the hatch.
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote