Thread: Not this again.
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 07:14 AM   #1386
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Finally was able to get a pushrod checker. Started short and adjusted to till there was no rock in the rocker.

Like a doofus, measured with a ruler and sat 7.250.

Then after Kirk hit me with a

I took out the mic and it was really 7.312. Leaving my options at 7.375 for .062 preload, or 7.400 with .088 preload.
Quote:
So heres the results.

Using a SnapOn compression tester, cranked the motor for 4 "jumps" of the gauge as per instructions. Fuel pump off and coil packs unplugged, so no fuel or spark. Cold engine obviously.

1- 95
3- 98
5-100
7-98

2-87
4-85
6-90
8-98

yeahhhh lmao

Im thinking is possible the pushrods i have are too long. I have 7.4" in the car now, i know i measured out a little bit shorter than 7.4", but i do remember what it was off the top of my head/why i ended up going w. 7.4"

Quote:
Im gunna grab a stock maf from Mike, and im picking up a IAT sensor from chevy tmmr (one in the lid has been knocked around and painted over lol)
Uh, good to know I guess Obviously, you're welcome to it. You can take my SLP lid with IAT sensor too. Also, if you're feeling frisky there's a truck MAF & breakout harness installed on the car that you can borrow as well. You should know the garage code, but if not, text me. Just to rule out valves, grab my assembled 243s and springs off the shelf too, because at this point, it'll only cost you a Friday night & a set of head gaskets--fuggit.

Question for the pros: There's a correlation between MAF and those low compression numbers??

Beggers, jog my memory:
  • You pulled the valve covers and verified rockers are going choo-choo?
  • You double checked that you didn't butcher anything during your snipping-spree or the re-looming of the harness?
  • Did you move coil packs around? You can grab LS1 coil packs & plug wires for testing/Racewars purposes as well.
  • Swapping to stock injectors helped, correct? How did you ascertain that there were no fueling issues in the system you plumbed?

4 days. Buckle in for some long nights.

1995 Firebird... Stock-ish.
Quote:
Good. He microwaved my phone 6 years ago, i hope his intake erupts.

Last edited by Jersey Mike; 11-15-2017 at 09:34 AM.
Jersey Mike is offline   Reply With Quote