View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 10:28 AM   #1
RiggsLW81

I have lost my father

It is with profound sadness, and an eternally broken heart, that I announce the passing of my father.

Dad. A word I will no longer be able to say without a swollen soul. Our time together was far too short, yet you left such an indelible mark on the man I have become.

My earliest childhood memories..to be taken to the movies weekly with you Dad, to see hardcore action movies like Commando and Die Hard and horror flicks like the Nightmare on Elm Street, and Friday the 13th series.. I had the cool dad who didn't give a ****, and knew it was the right decision for his 7 year old son to see these movies. Thank you Dad. These unforgettable moments I will cherish forever. These moments inspired me to follow my dreams of working in the film industry...and now I do. Thank you Dad.

You loved classic rock and roll and muscle cars. My childhood ears being filled with Elvis, The Doors, Tom Petty, and Queen, all while sitting in the back of your maroon 1970 Ford Thunderbird with the 429 V8 engine. Rock and roll is in my blood, and runs through my veins, because of you. Thank you Dad. Our love of cars always present. You helped me countless times fix my Camaro. Right up until the last time I saw you, as we worked together and fixed the taillights on the Chevy Caprice. Little did I know this was the last time I would see you. I am so grateful we accomplished something as father as son, on our last day together. Thank you Dad.

Most importantly, you taught me about life. How to stay true to yourself at all times..how to move forward in the face of adversity..how to stand tall and speak the truth, even when others falter..You taught me how to listen..and even how to love. Thank you for being my dad.

You are reunited with Mom now, and I love you both with all my heart.

Your Son,
Chris

Another trip inside the acid bath..no salvation and the grave is coming fast..

Last edited by RiggsLW81; 06-30-2014 at 10:40 AM.
RiggsLW81 is offline   Reply With Quote