View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 08:06 PM   #3
HardcoreZ28

Those are all the pictures I have for now.....I worked on the cab all day again today but didn't stop to snap any shots.

I finished tacking in all of the filler strips for the roof. Getting the height correct on the driver front quarter piece was a little difficult but it's pretty close. It's definitely going to take some good shaping when I fill the seams to make the front to back transition look right.

I also finished tacking both doors together. I did the front and rear portions and then made my filler pieces for the gap in the middle.

If I get time on monday I plan to chop the rear window and get that all tacked back into place. Then maybe next weekend I can finish all my welds on the cab...probably take a good 2 days to weld it all solid and grind all the welds down.

After that I plan to take a good look at the front and rear cab corners and decide if I want to patch what's there or just replace them with full patch panels. I also have a few small holes to patch elsewhere on the cab.

Then it's off to be blasted to remove all the paint, bondo, and RUST. A good shot of epoxy primer and the bodywork can begin. Stay tuned.......

1989 IROC-Z Media Coverage:
Chevy High Performance - Readers Rides 4/03
GM High Tech Performance - Tech Article 3/06
Chevy Rumble - Tech & Feature Articles November 2006
Auto Restorer Magazine - Feature Article 5/11
SkinAndSteel.com
HardcoreZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote