View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 09:02 PM   #1
Whoboy580

Spohn performance

Let me start off by saying I thought Spohn was a good company but with my last dealing with them they showed there true colors. I have a 86 Camaro and 90% of my suspension is Spohn. Some I bought new and some I bought used.

So i bought a used Spohn k member couple years ago and it didn't have the rack and pinion mounts so in 11/2016 I bought Spohn rack and pinion kit. In 12/2016 I received my order. In December I started to installing the mounts and had a question about the install and asked for a measurement between the two mounts, and possible a closer picture since the instruction they gave with it sucked, so after a few days Spohn called me and said there was nothing they can do to help answer my question and they only thing they can recommend is to center the rack and make it level. I said you should have the measurement from your jig you use to build the k members with the brackets on them. They once again said we can't help you. So I did what they said and luckily i had a few people who used this product help me by sending me measurements and the photos.

So now by January of 2017 I get it all weld it in and painted and start making my connections from the rack to my steering column (aftermarket lighten). So I had to get a bracket machined to hold the joints up. Now work picks up at work for a few months and I have no time to work on my car. So when work slows down and I finish all the steering stuff, set up an appointment to get my car aligned. NOTE: The whole time my car is on jack stand in the garage. The shop I have a appointment at machine breaks. So they get the machine fixed and i get another appointment. So I try and get the alignment done and my mechanic notices my tie rod on the pass side is bent.

So last week I call and Spohn said we need photos, I send them the photos over the weekend. Monday morning I get an email to call this number and ask for Dan. I call and Dan tells me I bent it and they wouldn't ship something out like that. I explain once again i haven't even drove the car it's been trailered. He still says I bent it. That they can sell me a new tie rod. I tell him I am not buying it since I didn't do it and I ask to speak to the manager. He says that's himself. Now I am pissed and once again I said I am not buying for something I didn't break. So I ask to speak to the owner. Dan said he is in the shop, and I said have him call me. Monday afternoon around 4:00 I call again speak to another guy same thing he said he knows all about my tie rod and nothing he can do and once again ask for the boss to call me. Tuesday comes still no call, Wednesday (today) I call around 4:00 ask to speak to the owner. Owner is out of his office but they forward me to
His voicemail. As of right now still no call.

Look at the pictures and you will see it wasn't from me, it was from SPOHN.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1355.jpg (40.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1326.jpg (37.5 KB, 44 views)
Whoboy580 is offline   Reply With Quote