View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 06:29 AM   #21
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC-MIKE View Post
I'm in. I messaged a few members and suggested meeting up to rally in together so if anyone wants to join me I leave from Wyckoff and take the following route:
Rt 208 North to Rt 287 South to Route 23 North. Route 23 eventually turns into a 2 lane road near Ogdensburg where I make a left at the light at the bottom of 23 onto Munsonhurst Road. From there its a few miles of country roads and a short jump onto Rt 15 that puts you right in front of the Chatterbox and it would make an impressive showing if a dozen or so cars rolled up together.
For those who aren't familiar with this route, it offers a few miles of straight, flat highway sprints and some twisties, sweepers, elevation changes, etc like a giant 30 mile road course. Some of the way is pretty lightly traveled (by North Jersey standards) so there's a good chance we'll have some sections of the trip all to ourselves for a few miles. There's a scenic rest area (just parking) on 23 which is a good place to get a group pic of the cars as well as a midpoint for groups from different directions to meet and do the last leg of the trip together. I'm located right in the middle of the old and current Wyckoff shows and it takes me about 40 minutes or so this way. It's a stress-free ride with little truck traffic, distracted drivers and other things to worry about. If anyone going wants to meet at my house you're ALL welcome to follow me up (or lead if you want). The ultimate goal would be to try to get as many together for the longest amount of trip so if a bunch of you are already going there together please let me know and I'll go out of my way to meet up with you if its practical.
Mike,
You already know I'm in! As you know, I'm right off of Rt 23 and working on getting a few other North Jersey guys involved. We'll square away a rendezvous point some time next week.
In the meantime, I'm loving the increasing head count!

1995 Firebird... Stock-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Good. He microwaved my phone 6 years ago, i hope his intake erupts.