View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 02:31 PM   #4
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

As Mike said, I did the C5 brake swap using Kore3 conversion. It was well worth the money, no question about that (especially over the LT1 setup). The only real drawback is you have to run a 17" wheel minimum and modifying the spindle (minimal for the LS1, just an ear off the back IIRC). I'm not running skinnies or drag wheels up front so wheel size isn't an issue and I'll never go back to factory brakes so modifying the spindle for C5 caliper bracket to accomodate larger rotor doesn't matter either. Braking performance was night and day, especially going from single piston and getting an 1" diameter more on the rotor plus directional cooling vanes. There's plenty of stopping power, yet I've never locked up the brakes. Pedal is solid. No ABS issues or other compatibility issues. I'm running powerstop pads/rotors which normally warped quick with the factory setup, these haven't even after several track passes at Island and dust is minimal.

For the money, it's a great deal. I went with the powder coated/ raised Vette letters and it looks awesome.
1997 Camaro Z28 - 355 LT1, T56, CC503, LTs, ORY, Bald Eagle-back exhaust, !emissions, Lingenfelter CAI, EWP, !CAGS, BMR LCAs, UMI PHB, Koni Str.t/Koni SA, C5 Z06 front / LS1 F-body rear brake swap, factory hurst with short stick

2014 2LT Cruze 2.0 Turbo Diesel
FlyingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote