View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 04:51 PM   #8
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
i can't believe you can't get pads that fall in between full race and too crappy for the street. Does Hawks or Porterfield or someone offer pads for the calipers you have?
Good point. I have 4 different sets of brake pads ranging from Porterfield R4-S to Hawk HPS to Wilwood street compounds and Wilwood track compounds. The Porterfields can't even lock up the tires, the Hawks and Wilwood Streets need heat in them before they can lock up the tires, the Wilwood track pads put you through the windshield by the time I'm at the end of the street. I abuse the heck out of these brakes with the Wilwood track pads and they are fantastic, but I think the time is coming for something milder.

Thanks, guys. I spoke with Bax and he was saying that his CTS-V calipers, which are very similar to the new Camaro units, are also pretty disappointing with brake feel. I don't think I need something that aggressive now anyway. Josh, I'll do what you did and give Kore3 a call. I appreciate your feedback, that's really what I was after. I will PM you with questions, though.
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote