View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 11:25 AM   #1
S1ck_WS6

Sts remote rear mount turbo kit.

I just got back into a F-body after building and driving a 402ci Stroker in a G8 GT for the past couple years.

Bought a 01 Z28 Vert that I'm planing to use as a summer DD and I don't want the car to be down for more than a day or 2 at any given time.

So I have an opportunity to purchase the following a STS rear mount kit with upgraded Garrett 70mm plus alky injection meth kit with intercooler for around a grand or so.
It's a bigger turbo but can be ran at lower psi(5-7) with out the need for the cooler and meth kit.

I was debating about dropping cash on LTH, ORY, minor bolt on's and an Exhaust that would cost about the same.

I already purchased a racetronix fuel pump,with low PSI do I need injectors? I plan to tune the car either way. Is a "boost" cam needed for such a setup?

This is a stock LS1 and I'm not looking to do anything more than find a few ponies and I'm not planing to rip the motor out until next winter.

Just looking for some expertise as I've been out of the ls1 game for some time now and these where fairly fresh to the market back then.
- TSP Rumbler, UMI STB
S1ck_WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote