View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Driving Force Online 6/19/2013

Firing On All Cylinders
SAN’s Mid-Year Diagnostic Reveals Performance Success
It’s certainly no surprise to vehicle enthusiasts that the legislative turf continues to be more akin to rock crawling than an asphalt drag race. Issues continue to jockey for position at the federal and state levels throughout the United States. Notably, ethanol gasoline constantly fuels grave concerns from a variety of interest groups at all levels. It’s alarming that mere pump labeling isn’t even required for this fuel blend in many places, including my home state of California. Thankfully, there are great opportunities right now to influence the country’s biofuel debate on a national scale, as the “Corn and Fuel Don’t Mix” story explains. Although only midway through the 2013 calendar year, some state legislatures have already completed their legislative sessions. (Read more)

Legislative Front Lines

Click here for the complete list of Legislative Alerts
SEMA SAN Strike Force

This 1970 Ford Mustang Mach I is a prized member of the Ricker family. It is equipped with 351-C power-plant, air conditioning and a myriad of other factory options. Car enthusiasts may recognize this particular Mustang as it has appeared in the SAN’s “Protect Your Passion” campaign.

“Classic cars should be able to stay on America’s roads because of their cultural significance to our nation’s rich history,” explains Kristin Ricker of Rockford, Illinois. “We must preserve them for future generations!” Ricker enlisted in the SEMA Action Network (SAN) on during the 2009 Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour and has remained active in the SAN’s mission ever since. In addition to advocating for our hobby by regularly monitoring her state’s legislation, Federal policies such as land use for off-road recreation and clunker bills have been among the most important issues to Kristin. In addition to her own 1970 Ford Mustang Mach I, a 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle provides an equal source of fun for the Rickers, especially the family’s nine grandchildren. By sharing her personal dedication with others, Kristin counts herself among those ensuring special vehicles like hers will continue to be cherished for many years to come. Cheers!

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote