View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 07:43 AM   #21
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Id personally call Tobin at kore3 and wilwood and get their $0.02
I will be making a few calls this week if I get a moment. It's no rush since I rarely race in the warmer months anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaKid455 View Post
Wilwood has a setup that fits behind 15" rims.

The V setup seems to be the most liked and best bang for the buck.

I run the C6Z brakes on the 78 TA and they are awesome. Huge improvement over the C5 setup. I do have pad knock back on the rear due to C clip axles which will be addressed in the future via installing floating axle ends.

High speed( such as velocities you mentioned) aggressive stops are not an issue. I worry more about the people behind me stopping in time than me hitting the people in front.

GM calipers, Hawk pads and DBA rotors. I'd switch to an aggressive pad and cheap stock blank rotor for track days.

Tobin & I have done a good bit of business together.
Once I have all the options laid out clearly, I will see what makes the most sense. Good brakes I consider to be generally a safety item but it's more needed for 1/4 mile passes. I horse around on the highway but I'm no 1320 video star.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstable bob gable View Post
I've had very good luck with EBC pads. I run the Yellows on my Viper truck, and reds on my R/T. Hell I'm even going to throw a set of Reds on the front of my 2 Dolla Cavalier even though the pads are worth more then the car. Lol
I had EBC greens a while back. They were fine but the car was much slower then.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote