Thread: Not this again.
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 08:26 AM   #2388
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

last night got a chance to throw the car on jack stands and check it out.

Backed the car up enough to toss some wood on the ground to drive up on for jack clearance, did not notice any oil on the ground.

Under the car i did find a decent amount of oil. I circled it in the pics.

-As expected and feared, decent amount at the seam were the oil pan and trans meet up.

-Super Blurry pic, but there was a decent sized bead(?) of oil on the pass rear of the pan, right at the corner.

-this one confused me a bit, but the starter has some beads of oil on it.

-The bottom of the oil filter itself also had a nice bead of oil on it.

I have had a problem with this filter before as well. Before the rental when i backed the car out of the garage for the first time since upgrades, there was a trail off drips of oil. Pulled it back in and noticed it was coming off the bottom of the oil filter. I checked if it was tight, and i was able to turn it a half turn or more by hand with barely a grasp on it. Now there is no way i didnt tighten the oil filter all the way. I tried to tighten it again by hand tonight and i couldnt. Its a K&N oil filter, which i use just for how easy it is to change on and off with the nut built in to the end. Are K&N oil filters crappy?

I cleaned everything up with brakeclean and a rag, and tossed some cardboard under it to collect any drips and track down were its coming from.
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote