View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 12:55 PM   #26
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

For those following along, here is a pic of the rotor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
Not trying to complicate things, but if it's nose diving maybe an adjustable prop valve would help?
The soft front springs and heavy nose result in all the dive under braking. I have my shocks at full compression and it doesn't really matter. I have a new set of front springs I will put in sometime soon. It won't solve the issue but it should help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bishop View Post
Here's an off the wall question: Are you breaking in the pads correctly?

See here: https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/i...Path=6446_6443
I followed the break in procedures for every set I've owned. The issue I'm hearing is the ceramic pads simply can't tolerate the rather instant/rapid heat when I brake from a 1/4 run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstable bob gable View Post
Ya might also consider cryogenically treating whatever new brake items you try. I've heard a lot of positive things due to the treatment.
Never heard of that but I will look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Performance View Post
Wilwood offers several options.

They have pads of several compounds for different applications as well as brake kits,

They have kits with different rotor sizes that will fit with 15 inch wheels.

If you go with a brake kit, regardless of manufacturer, I would stay away from cross drilled rotors. On vented rotor they tend to develop crack due to not having the insides chamfered.

Good luck
Craig
Thanks Craig. I didn't think the drilled rotors would give me any benefit but they only came this way from Brakemotive. I actually only wanted slots. I will be contacting the bigger name companies to see what they offer. If I can keep my front drag wheels and get reasonable braking, it will save me $1,400.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote