View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 10:41 AM   #8
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by edpontiac91 View Post
How much FUN, is it to go to a show with RAIN or SHINE conditions. When its pouring, what do you do? Do you sit inside your car/ go find a TENT that somebody has put out and share a space with MANY others with the same thought? If your car is soaking wet, can you tell how many scratches are on the finish, or if the judges want to be out checking the engine/ interior etc.

Just my !
sorry Ed, not all of us cower and hide inside when it rains. I had planned on going to the North Brunswick event, but it was rained out.. so I went to my backup event which was nearby to my house in Morristown. Several dozen die-hard car enthusiasts did the same. Sure, of course more would have gone if it was better weather. Yes it was actually still funner than the other plans/things I would have done that day. This event has the parking lot covered by solar panels that we parked under, but rain and water still comes through the gaps. Nobody was pouting and hiding in their cars or huddled under a tent. And I have been to plenty of other events that its poured rain and I just deal with it accordingly. It rained in 2016 when I did the USCA street car shootout event at NJMP.. we were running autocross and doing laps on the road course in the pouring rain, blasting through puddles and all. I've been at big shows where it has rained all day long and people just deal with it (Camaro Nationals several times, GM nationals carlisle, Menards chevy show last year, the fall cruise that nickantiriceguy posted about in november). I have made the conscious decision to go to these events when the weather forecast showed 100% chance of rain. I have left my house in active rain storms and driven the car to events . the people that turn out are far cooler in my book than those who wimper away about the rain all day long. I'd much rather DO SOMETHING with the car and wash it clean later, instead of grumbling about the non-perfect conditions and doing nothing.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote