View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 12:31 PM   #13
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2you
NOOOOOOOO do not go with the red top,we had a big discussion on a fourth gen mailing list that i belong to about how if you dont drive the car every day a week it will go dead so i would recomend the yellow top. the red tops were good back when they were first made but now they went to **** like everything usually does these days. just something i heard and though i should clue you in on.
Umm ok whatever you say but its not true. I have a redtop in my Chevelle that will sit for a long time and the car fires right up every time. 10.5:1 compression and a high torque starter! Ill give you a little background info so i can show you what you say is not true.

Last winter I parked my chevelle in November in the garage under a cover. Didnt start it (battery connections hooked up too!) It sat there until April when I got it back out. She fired right up after a few blips of the throttle. That was about 5 months of sitting. And again tell me how that if the car wasnt driven every day it wouldnt start right up? And no the battery was not charged at any time in between!

Jon