View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 07:43 PM   #9
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrong generation View Post
i drove the car home having it in 2nd gear at one point i tried to shift into D but nothing was there lol.

problem with finding a trans in north jersey thats a long ass walk.

can i use any lt1 4l60e or does it have to be from an obd2 fbody ? i still can't believe this.

here is the screwy thing, my dad's 04 avalanche is in the trans shop right now getting the trans in that rebuilt as he lost the 3-4 clutch pack last week. and the week before that the transmission in my sisters car went. both of those were worth the cost of a trans rebuild. but i can't see spending that kind of $ for a 20 year old fbody with no resale value.

How long is your commute ? Can you get away with second gear?

Im 95% any LT1 60e will work. Ive blown up 2 4L60e trans (so far, check again next year) and 1 was the 3-4 pack being smoked, 1 was sheering the tailshaft off.

And your right, for the money a trans rebuild will cost you may be able to buy an entire parts car.

Best bet is find one on craigs or check facebook forsale pages. Theyll run you under 500 bucks. ive seen them as low as 200. And if need be contract one of your buddys to take the ride to get it
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote