View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 11:06 AM   #10
r0nin89

Heres my experience with any head gasket fix. If the gasket isnt bad it will work excellent for a few months. Great thing to use if you wanna dump the car off on some unsuspecting innocent idiots

I know this from experience because a customer had this **** pulled on them. Was an early 2000s saturn, the used car dealership (one of those shoddy places where the office is 15x15ft shack) decided to try to dump the car. Well I get the call from my customer, he tells me his sons car seems like it needs a headgasket and the motor is starting to sound loud. I tell him not to drive it and go over with my partner.

We start it up and its got the typical white smoke from exhaust and the valvetrain sounds strangely loud. Tell him yep, car has the typical signs of needing a head gasket. Overheating, white smoke, bubbles in rad, etc.

So we start tearing it down, pull the valve cover and go huh thats a little funky its got quite alot of gunk ontop of the cam etc. Figure that the headgasket must be pretty darn bad. Fask forward an hour and the head is coming off. We yank it and the coolant passages start using what seemed like dark green instant make jello pudding!

It was friggin bad, like really bad. So we call the guy and ask how far he drove with the car spitting smoke and running hot. O not far just the 25miles home....

So I tell the guy I dont feel comfortable replacing just the headgasket with the condition of the **** in the oil/coolant passages and that a junkyard pull motor may save him both money and a headache down the road if the car develops a knock...

Turns out the guy bought the car 4 months earlier at a dealership. They told him the headgasket was "fixed" and there as nothing else wrong with the car. Well the guy went back there f'ing livid. Tour them apart and started questioning how "fixed" the headgasket was, went off on them about how theres a good possibility the motor is or could be shot. Well turns out they used bluedevil lol. Told the guy there was nothing they could do and it was done by the shop they always use and is a legitimate fix.

Couple days later full of lots of threats and the dealership paid to have the car hooked and a junkyard motor put in it. The guy we worked for was a nice guy but you didnt want to be on his bad side

94 2wd SBSC Gmt400. 330CI LSX, Fast 102, Trickflow 205s, close ratio nv3500, 4.30/trutrac.
r0nin89 is offline   Reply With Quote