View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 07:07 PM   #28
Mark42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL8Jeff View Post
I completely forgot that the Magnaflow V6 exhaust had the outlets on the same side of the muffler and one routed back to the passenger side. That exhaust should be perfect for what you're looking for. But don't try to compare your current winter gas mileage now to what it does if you install it later on when the temps are closer to 60 degrees out. I think I'm getting my worst mileage of the winter right now looking at my readings.
Looking inside the muffler, it is straight through. There are two perforated pipes welded into a V shape with a mini-two pipe collector at the input side, and each leg of the V angles to an output. It literally splits the input flow into two output pipes. You can look right through, but you have to look at an angle to see through each leg.

Heard that winter gas gives lower economy, but I never tested it. I'll take your word on it. Hate working in the cold with hand tools, so I'll wait until March or April to install it. Also have the aluminum drive shaft to install too.

1998 Firebird Coupe
Mods: 3.73 Gears, Eaton TrueTrac, PCM Tune, LS1 Aluminum Drive Shaft, Cold Air Intake, 180 Thermostat, Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust, Moog LCA busings.

My Firebird Projects
: Click Here

Mark42 is offline   Reply With Quote