View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
V
Stalker

Radio Delete radio install plans

Going along with my "less is more" theme on my IROC-Z build, I will be getting a NOS GM radio delete plate used on 1LE cars and such. Only issue is, I still want a radio, lol.

Being that I'm in NY and unable to actually work on the car, I can only plan stuff right now. So after looking around a bit, I have planned out my radio setup. I will be installing 4 new JL interior speakers in the stock locations, and running them off of a 4 channel Alpine V12 series amp which I already have. I thought about either hiding a standard style headunit or even getting a "hidden" setup that hot rodders use, but both didn't appeal to me. I wasn't deleting the radio just to have to hide it in another location.

I will be utilizing the Bluetooth Streaming Audio function of almost all current cellphones. I have the ability in my CTS-V and its kinda cool. I have found several Bluetooth music receivers that are about 3-4 square inches in size and have RCA outputs. I'd just plug the RCAs right into the amp and then use my cellphone (or a spare old cellphone with bluetooth streaming I have) to control music selection and volume. I can then just load a playlist through my computer and be good to go. Keep in mind I'm not building the stereo to be loud or for the bass to hit hard, its just to have a radio in general when cruising around. So this method works perfectly.
V is offline   Reply With Quote