Thread: 1971 Firebird
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 01:26 PM   #21
usp55

ah its ok Bonzo is just trying to be realistic

So bonzo your saying inspection would be to had to pass? I would think it would be a pain in the ass to get this engine through inspection because of emissions and such. If thats the case than ill just get it on the road like any other car so i can actually enjoy it and drive it more than 3k a year.

Got some work done today on the bird. Got the front end and fenders off. Took a timing light to it with my father and learned how to do that and he taught me all about the distributor and the points and what not. Got her to run really nice with just the timing adjustments. Idles is nice and smooth. My carb is leaking and i cant tell from where. There is a spacer on it so im guessing one of those gaskets is the problem. Could the leak be from any other place but the gaskets? Also im taking the spacer off as the hood dosnt fit with it on and im not racing with this engine so i just want it to fit under my hood for now, ill sacrifice the 5 or so hp the spacer might give me.

Also does anyone have a cherry picker in south jersey? I might just buy one but i thought id ask. Gone pull the engine, replace motor mounts, POR-15 the front frame rails and cross member.

I got to figure out how to get the A-arms off so i can clean them up or even upgrade them while im in there. Any advice to get the off?

The driver side where has a spun stud and the lug wont come off, no idea how to get it off but not a big deal as i have plenty of room to work now.

I don't know about u, but I'm loving the factory color. Prob wont paint it that color but every time i walk past it it grows on me.

Last edited by usp55; 12-30-2008 at 01:31 PM.
usp55 is offline   Reply With Quote