Thread: Not this again.
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 12:37 PM   #1356
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
I was going to post yesterday that on the SBC/BBC the dots together means TDC for #6, but it doesn't really matter either way. When you rotate the crank two times then you have the cam gear dot at the top and you're at TDC #1, I am pretty sure the LS is the same. I just pulled my timing set off my 5.3 so I can't double check, but logically it seems the same. The crank doesn't do anything but move the pistons up and down, it's the cam that determines the valve timing.
The only other variable is the cam sensor, and then you would be 180 degrees out if the dots both need to be up
Ive read that its it doesnt matter if it is 180 out. And i dont understand how it would not matter. The cam is ground a certain way, so say at 45 degree is supposed to be beginning to open the exhaust valve on cyl 1, if i have the cam in 180* out, at 45* the cam it would be reading what is supped to be at 270*. Thus rendering the valves opening in closing all out of whack. It makes sense in my head but i struggle to relay what i am thinking
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote