View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 06:33 PM   #16
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
The block won't be straight, the deck height is off from the factory. I would certainly look into getting both heads shaved down to straighten them and without a doubt use ARP hardware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
You blew a head gasket on a motor that had previously blown a head gasket. You think its the same head gasket that went bad. You previously hydro-locked the motor and bent a rod. You believe you hydro-locked it again. You want to replace the blown head gasket only?
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenformula92 View Post
I read it that way too Adam. If it hydrolocked again you might as well pull it and at least go through everything

Above is the piston that came out. As you can see, the connecting rod is not very straight..

I think it was the same side as the misfire was detected on. Tmr I will pull the spark plug out and see if anything comes out of Cylinder #7. Last night I was in a bit of a panic as it is my DD and I don't currently have a spare, so I was thinking of a quick fix for now. However, transportation for the short term has been taken care of and I am on the hunt for a lease. It's too cold to play with the car now. I also want to do some more research before I tear the car apart.

I have been tossing the idea around of doing a h/c package for a while now, guess this is a sign I should get on that lol my thoughts are shipping out the heads for the LE2 package (they have to be checked anyway, right? plus then the top end would be fresh) with a mild/street-able cam, something that'll push the car into the 12s. While the heads are away, I'd probably have the block checked and cleaned, although I am not sure how much that would be, maybe someone has a ballpark number? Figure new cam/main bearings (even though the current motor makes a good 22 psi hot idle and 42 psi at highway speed, based on dash gauge reading, not a mechanical gauge) unless that's overkill.

Weird thing about this whole situation is that the car went for 54k miles and just gave out, no indication this was coming lol
1997 Camaro Z28 - 355 LT1, T56, CC503, LTs, ORY, Bald Eagle-back exhaust, !emissions, Lingenfelter CAI, EWP, !CAGS, BMR LCAs, UMI PHB, Koni Str.t/Koni SA, C5 Z06 front / LS1 F-body rear brake swap, factory hurst with short stick

2014 2LT Cruze 2.0 Turbo Diesel
FlyingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote